Dominic Jones advances to 8-0 defeating Jamal Thorn for the Breakthrough MMA Bantamweight belt. Dominic Jones also holds the Breakthrough MMA Featherweight belt. Check out his post fight interview below
There is no better way to advance from amateur to pro fighting than to come off an amazing victory against your rival opponent. Austin McCray, advancing to an amateur record of 7-1 while retaining his flyweight championship belt, will finally be taking that leap to the next level! He definitely had great moments in the Breakthrough MMA ring and will be a legendary champ for the Breakthrough legacy. He brought a great crowd to the Ocean Center which probably helped break the new record attendance which was broken that night. We got a chance to speak with Austin after his win and this is what he had to say.
Breakthrough MMA 15 “Night of Champions 3” Photo Booth pictures – Patrick Corrigan post fight interview
This past Saturday , February 28th, Breakthrough MMA through one of the most action packed events in its history! New champions where crowned, while some champions remained elite!
In Match #20 Co-Main Event
Austin McCray defeats Nesaw “Stay Thuqqn” Merriweather at 2:11 of Round 1 via Armbar and retains the Breakthrough MMA Flyweight Title. Stay tuned for his post fight interview on Keedie’s Corner!
In an amazing main event upset Patrick Corrigan takes down fan favorite Sam Senuk in a comeback victory after being rushed early in the 1st round. He took the bout at the 0:43 mark of the 1st round via knee bar. We got a chance to speak with the new Bantamweight champion and this is what he had to say.
In a great all out brawl Dominic Jones (6-0) defeats Deon “Light Out” Times 29-28 x3 to become the new Breakthrough MMA Lightweight Champion. Stay tuned for his post fight interview on Keedie’s Corner!
Andrew Joseph takes down Keaton Shortt in a unanimous decision to become the Breakthrough MMA Middle Weight Champion. Stay tuned for his post fight interview on Keedie’s Corner! Keaton stepped in at short notice and we got a chance to speak with him,as well. Stay tuned for his post fight interview.
We have a lot more post fight interviews coming your way. Check out some Photo Booth pictures we captured below!
Here are the rest of the fight results courtesy of Zach Moore.
Results for Breakthrough MMA 15 held on February 28th 2015 at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach.
Keanu L. Tomey defeats Dalton Powell at 1:11 of Round 1 via Guillotine Choke
Eric Gardner defeats Luis Betancourt via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Tevin Washington defeats Berke Orun at 2:14 of Round 2 via Guillotine Choke
Rob Daniels defeats Charlie Yanes at 0:50 of Round 3 via DQ (Yanes was deducted 1 point in Round 1 for an illegal strike to a downed opponent, Yanes was also deducted 1 point for an illegal strike in Round 2 and then was deducted another point which led to the disqualification and Round 3.)
Jonathan Rodriguez defeats Michael Perepechkin via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Hannah Goldy defeats Jenn Conaway via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Brandon Del Valle defeats Marcus Atwood at 1:24 of Round 1 via Keylock
Bret Cooper defeats Daniel Rodriguez at 0:56 of Round 1 via Von Flute Choke
Johnny Barrett defeats Jackson Heem via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
Jamal Goro Thorne defeats Jaime Maury at 2:14 of Round 1 via Rear Naked Choke
Kevin Pace defeats Seth Dupuis via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Jamal Thorne will now face Kevin Pace at BreakThrough MMA 16 on June 6th in the 135 lb Tournament Finals with the winner getting a title shot on BMMA 17.
Jaron Millan defeats Thomas James Manning via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Votypka Clark defeats Josh Goins at 1:12 of Round 2 via Triangle
Dominic Stouder defeats Ramon Butts at 1:43 of Round 3 via TKO (GNP)
Bronson Shortt defeats Wisles Zamor via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
Collin Lubberts defeats Emre örün at 0:12 of Round 1 via KO
Dominic Jones defeats Deon Times via Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3) and is the New Breakthrough MMA Featherweight Champion
Michael Davis defeats Jeremiah Mcdougall at 2:09 of Round 1 via Armbar and is the New Breakthrough MMA Lightweight Champion
I also had the chance to get an interview with Breakthough MMA owner Jason Arnett so be on the look out for that interview as well.
Thank you for tuning in to Keedie’s Corner Online Magazine and once again stay tuned for all post fight interviews!!! Thank you Breakthrough MMA for the great event!!!
Breakthrough MMA. Breakthrough 13 “Champions Emerge” event
Toni ‘BlueEyez” Garavaglia: http://youtu.be/zGJoZE55m94
Breakthrough 13 “Champions Emerge” event.
Angel Mericado – Post Fight Interview: http://youtu.be/oRfPmETYi1w
Breakthrough MMA : Breakthrough 13 “Champions Emerge” event.
“Heavy Duty” Rudy Arce – Post Fight Interview: http://youtu.be/6e2e1wClkFk
Cedric Taylor wins his debut fight at Breakthrough 13 “Champions Emerge” event with Breakthrough MMA.
CedricTaylor – Post Fight Interviews: http://youtu.be/VwX0BsFq10c
Daytona Beach, Fl has a MMA fighter that’s fresh on the professional scene, but is a local sensation! The city is very proud of him and is anticipating his next move. Rory Every is a compassionate fighter and a hard worker. His dedication and strenuous training has taken him to the next level of success. Keedie’s Corner was ringside as he won his last match which which he defended his Breakthrough MMA championship belt. The match ended controversially which put a viral light behind the young athlete. Rory took refuge to clear his mind and get back to his training. Now he seems to be ready to emerge. Recently we had the opportunity to ask him some questions, these were his responses ;
● How long have you been pursuing fighting seriously?
– About 3 years now.
● What motivates you to go hard in life?
– My family, friends, my girlfriend and knowing I don’t wanna live just an average life.
● Is there anything else you thought you would be doing other than MMA fighting?
– You know, just working life away at Halifax.
● What sets you apart from everyone else that’s out here doing MMA?
– I don’t think anything sets me apart, I just know if I work hard and don’t give up good things will come to me.
. ● How was your transition from breakthrough to professional MMA fighting?
– I’ve been doing a lot of training, getting ready for my first official MMA professional fight.
● Any up and coming fights to be on the look out for?
– I make my pro debut for the RFC in Tampa July 11th,this Friday.
- What camps and trainers are you working with?
- I train out of “the Armory of Daytona” with Mike Vazquez and Richard Crunkilton.
- Do you have any pre-fight rituals?
- Nothing out of the ordinary for pre-fight rituals, I just like to be surrounded by teammates and have fun getting warmed up.
What type of music do you make your entrance to and workout to?
- Bone thugs – n – harmony is a good go to.
- How do you balance it all out? Work, fighting, friends and family?
- I keep a close circle. I train with most of my friends, and everyone at home and work supports me to the fullest so it works out.
- What do you do in your personal time?
– Personal time what’s that? I’m always working, but I do enjoy spending time with my lady friend.
- For you to feel successful as a fighter, what are some goals you would like to accomplish?
- I want to keep winning fights and getting noticed. I strive to finish fights dominantly.
- What would you like to be remembered for when it’s all said and done and the lights go out?
- I’d like to be remembered as a good person who worked hard. I want to have everyone who I’ve had come in contact with in life have good things to say about me. Just to be someone who everyone got a good vibe from.
☆★☆★ FLAME TIME ☆★☆★
● Do you have any shout outs?
– Shout out to the Armory of Daytona, AMP training, the syndicate management group , and complete nutrition in the pavilion. Shout out to my family, friends, and my girlfriend Brittany. Of course shout out to Keedie’s Corner for putting me out there!
● Where can the viewers go to follow you and your movement?
– Follow me on Facebook at Rory Every and follow me on Instagram @roryevery
● Any words of wisdom or encouragement?
– Keep chasing the dream.
- Rory Every was recently featured in the Daytona Beach News- Journal, click the link to view the article ;
Source: www.facebook.com/roryevery , http://www.news-journal.com
Written by: Keidra Ponder
Published by: Keedie’s Corner, 2014
Do you need media coverage?
Contact a Keedie’s Corner Representative. We specialize in media production and can satisfy your promotional needs. We produce Visual Interviews, Written Interviews, and Radio Interviews. Our production staff of journalist can provide EPK’s, Bios, Articles and Ads. We also provide Song Writing as well as Personal Publicist. We have a videographer to offer photography, videography, video blogging, behind the scenes video and more.